View Single Post
      10-08-2015, 08:45 PM   #75
slowandfurious
Banned
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
The GTR is definitely in the running for my next car but I just can't shake the feeling of it just being a Nissan. It may be a little superficial but after having a C63 AMG and M3 the Nissan might not cut it. That being said, I might get it anyway and not care. Let's see in a couple of years I suppose.
I read this type of comment a million times a day and it never stops being incredibly ridiculous. Do you know a GTR is actually a lot more expensive, rarer, and more exclusive than a C63 or an M3? That makes it more high end and more "special" than either of these cars. And so what if it's a Nissan? What makes a BMW or Mercedes badge any better? Sure, maybe some time in the past, BMW and Merc may have had some prestige, being only affordable by successful upper middle class professionals. But nowadays look at all the cheap entry level 3 series, c class, fwd minivans, etc. with cheap lease rates. BMWs and Mercs are pretty much a dime a dozen. Anyone with a pulse and who makes more than minimum wage can get one, at least on a lease. I see as many, if not more, C class or 3 series as I see Camrys or Accords. Stealerships are practically giving them away.