View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: E60 F48 F39

That looks awesome.. as does your ceiling! I had this in mind when I first moved into the new house, but was lucky enough to talk to the builder and found out that at BEST there was 4" of concrete under there, but most likely somewhere around 3 ish. I know there have been some debates about other ways to get it done right, but I honestly just didn't want to A) take the risk B) use the alternative methods and definitely not C) jackhammer and fill more.

I ended up with the quickjack which gets you pretty good height, and I can push them together and just drive over them during 99% of the time that they aren't in use which might work for thunderguts. The quickjack I think on some sale was literally like 1K for me.. which I just justified in my mind that my biggest jack was failing/leaking.. and some of the cars didn't have great lift points so I had to jack up each corner to put on jack stands. Either way it was a good splurge that has paid off multiple times. Heck, I get free beers/lunch/gifts for friends and family that use it to change winter tires over to summer and vice versa !