View Single Post
      05-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #11
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2733 View Post
Honestly, every one of those activities you listed are about 100x safer than riding in traffic with inattentive drivers. Either way, for 30 miles a day, you'll want something large enough to be comfortable. We're not talking engine size here, but smaller bikes have smaller frames which means worse ergonomics.
I wasn't insinuating that people were suggesting I'd be reckless, just wanted to further clarify my desire to get into a bike. Sorry if it came across that way.

Quote:
Also don't be fooled into thinking a SV650 or CBR500 etc means it's fast. CC's mean nothing and are just a number. Everyone has listed bikes that fit your needs, not crotch rockets. Check out https://cycle-ergo.com/ to find something comfortable for you after you've sat on a few bikes.
I like the CB500F quite a bit, the CBR500r is too racey looking for me. I love the look of naked bikes, not a fan of full fairing bikes.

I've heard that the SV650 is a great commuter bike, I'll take a look at those as well. Ironically, I shopped for bikes when I was 22 (actually was in the process of signing for a ninja ZX-6r before I amazingly realized I wasn't ready or mature for one yet, walked out of the dealer with paperwork half signed) and that was one of the three I checked out.