Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I'm thinking along the lines of making the transition from the "universe" as we think we know it to a much bigger universe. Not a multiverse or parallel universe theory, just that what we think is the universe is actually part of something much, much bigger. Kindof like when we discovered other galaxies.

Agree. My hope is that the unification will result in eliminating the speed limit of c. I think we should be able to travel large distances without the artificial restriction of c. I don't think we will break the rules, just bend them, quite literally. Then we can travel to other galaxies and really see what's out there. I would love to be around 1,000 years from now to see what we come up with. Hopefully we haven't destroyed ourselves by then.
You may hope of course, but there is no indication that the speed of light is ever going to go away or that there is anything "artificial" about it - it follows from fundamental symmetry of our spacetime that time and space can be "rotated" into one another. Your best hope is "cheating" it by creating wormholes, but (energy requirements + containing instability issues aside) that would require getting to your final destination the "slow" way at least once.

In the realm of hopes - a more realistic hope is for you to just live long enough that the "slow" travel doesn't matter.