m630
Major
Rep

Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
...My hope is that the unification will result in eliminating the speed limit of c. I think we should be able to travel large distances without the artificial restriction of c. I don't think we will break the rules, just bend them, quite literally. Then we can travel to other galaxies and really see what's out there. I would love to be around 1,000 years from now to see what we come up with. Hopefully we haven't destroyed ourselves by then.
...the likelyhood that c is an artificial limit is quite low at this point, but that should have little effect on our ability to traverse vast distances if we can survive long enough as a species in theory as einstein-rosen have postulated.

But the reality is likely we would never survive, just look at where we are now, whats the likelihood of surviving another thousand years, either we’ll destroy ourselves or a really big rock will hit us, my odds are 50/50.

Just consider the estimated age of the universe, then consider the age of the sun and earth. Then consider the fortune to be hit so early in our planetary development just right to survive and create our moon, quite likely the catalyst for our survival. Then think of all the great extinctions that have had to occur to allow a tiny mammal to survive and evolve to the beings we find ourselves.

Then consider if there were some other world in this galaxy or beyond that followed a similar fate, except they only needed 4 great extinction events vs the 5 we required and they had millions of more years to develop.

If humans survive another 65 million years, do u think we would be everywhere in the universe? Or even 5 million years?

Either there is the great conspiracy that goverments are hiding all the evidence, or its technicially impossible to traverse vast distances through space and time, or its not possible for a species to survive long enough to develop the technology.

1,000 years is a mere second in universal time.