Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I've always thought that our concept of a "universe" was thinking too small. Watched a BBC special on chaos theory and fractals. I can't do the math, but what if our universe is merely part of a larger fractal and all of the unexplained dark matter and energy is just a result of our interaction with a much larger fractal universe?

I also wonder why we haven't unified Newtonian physics with quantum physics. We are struggling to do that with a unified equation, but what if it is much simpler? A clockwork universe makes little sense to me, but one governed by simple equations with complex outcomes certainly does.

Just some random thoughts that popped into my brain.
Your first paragraph sadly is incoherent to me as is. Multiverse theories do exist but these other universes have no effect on ours in the ones I'm aware of.

Regarding quantum physics - we have very well unified it with Newtonian physics. The problem is with unifying it with General relativity and large curvatures of space-time. Many very smart people are thinking about this problem, but ultimately we will need an experiment, and that's just not happening any time soon.
haagm58809.50
King Rudi13154.00