View Single Post
      11-12-2022, 10:04 PM   #99
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I guess I'll jump on the dumpster fire bandwagon.

Friday Oct 7th, a normal great Friday. Mom goes in for a CT with contrast to look at some kidney stones (weren't causing any issues. Wanted to ensure they weren't obstructing urine flow). The doc comes in and tells her he thinks she has bone cancer.

Oct 12th, on the phone with my stepdad (he's basically my dad. He and my mom are divorced.) and he tells me oh there's something you should know but I'll tell you later. I stopped him and said no what it is. There's a spot on my pancreas that's doubled in size over the past year.

After many tests with my Mom, we've ended up at triple negative breast cancer that's metastasized to her bones (sternum, ribs, lumbar and thoracic spine, pelvis and left femur).

My stepdad got his biopsy back and in that corner we have pancreatic cancer. He has a CT with contrast next week to determine stage and how successfully it can be resected. His GI doc seems to think once resected he will be fine.

It's been a month from hell to say the least. You hear of shit like this and think man that sucks. Bad. You know it can happen to anyone but most of us choose to live positive lives not putting that negative energy in the air that something like this would happen. It definitely changes where your priorities lie and most of us in America live with fucked up priorities as it is these days. I guess I'm just rambling at this point and no one reading any of the crappy shit in this thread will make any change to their life. We all run about thinking it will never happen to us. Enjoy life and take that day off and disconnect, spend time with family or friends who are like family. Don't put off that thing you think you'll have time for 6 months or a year from now. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.
M4Tejas788.00
Esteban43791.50
Buug95917426.00
Dino GT35134.50
vreihen1615333.00
KRS_SN13538.50