Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
https://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs.html

No.45
No.98
No.99
No.123
No.128

They're, at the moment, broken down into addenda (some are simply a sentence fragment correction).

A full updated comprehensive revision using the new phraseology is coming in the next year (limited information can be seen in the GRE section).
Do you have a more narrowed down link? Or an article/paragraph where the text is that you displayed?
In no. 48 still reads in art 6.2.9:

"Dipped-beam headlamps with a light source or LED module( s) producing
the principal dipped-beam and having a total objective luminous flux which
exceeds 2,000 lumen shall only be installed in conjunction with the
installation of headlamp cleaning device( s) according to Regulation No. 45. 11"
(no. 45 displayes how the cleaning system should work, with spray patterns etc)

Seems very very clear to me, and is exactly the same text as displayed in EU regulations.
I think all EU countries (and a lot of other countries) follow/acknowledge UNECE directives. US however not I believe

Quote:
If still in doubt, F90 isn't available with Headlamp Cleaning and the Principle Passing Beam on the inboard unit is at 3448.9lm measured at the hotspot point.
It doesnt work that way.
Lumen (lm) is per definition the total output of a light source (total quantity of visible light).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumen_(unit)
That is, per definition, not possible to 'measure at the hot spot point'.

What you mean is the physical unit Candela (or possibly lux), the physical unit for luminous intensity (lux is luminous flux over a specified area).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candela
But that falls outside of the regulations I believe.

This is a commonly made mistake, but very logical in relation to headlight output regulations. As I said, the regulation regarding washers is to prevent diffracting light to the oncoming traffic (at dipped beam, full beam falls outside of this regulation as there is never diffracted light from full beam on oncoming traffic). That is a result of the complete light output of the headlight at dipped beam. If you concentrate your beam better, you can get a higher luminous intensity at the area that you want without increasing the # of lumen (being the total output). Thats what they're trying to create with led headlights and laser headlights. Getting a higher luminous intensity without a high total output (# of lumen) of the headlight.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-23-2018 at 02:59 PM..