08-31-2021, 10:56 AM   #64
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
You are the only person here that seems to be annoyed, Alfasti has a X3 and if it fits his needs, great, and just stated that straight line power is not sporty. If doing 11s on the 1/4 mile is the whole of 'sporty' to you then more power to you, but seems majority of posters here seems to agree that power is just a portion of 'sporty'

Modern trucks are impressive, practical, fast, cheap, but they are hardly the byword for 'sporty', and majority of buyers (yourself likely not in that common crowd since you seem to think performance trucks are sporty) are not buying it for 'sporty' driving
https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/lime-...uphill-chicane

10 seconds a lap behind a dinky 'girly' unpractical, cannot go off-road MINI Cooper GP on a 1.5 mile circuit, that is an eternity, and for a car that's only capable of doing 13 seconds a 1/4 mile, I guess that's not sporty for you then.
When did I state sport is defined by a straight line? Never
When were you voted the spokesperson for the majority? Again ..never

Here is just one example… Google videos of a stock Raptor running desert trails. It takes more than just straight line power to achieve what it can on landscapes other then the street. Sport doesn’t just mean driving around a track or maneuvering through some cones.

I’ve bought and own both but I’m not ignorant to the abilities and yes sportiness of both. My response was directly to the person claiming trucks are not sporty and drives a 2013 X3 which is not what I would call sporty. Right …if it fits his/her needs that’s all that matters.

….and now back to the original thread.