View Single Post
      10-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #1416
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Just finished our master (yes it super tiny) bathroom reno. Had a contractor do the tile and my B-i-L and I installed the shower door. I did the new faucet, mirror, and vanity lights myself.

The people we bought the house from bought from a flipper. It was obvious this house was one of the 1st for the flipper. The previous owners, after having lived in the house 3 months, noticed a horrible smell coming from the newly renovated master bath drain. After trying many different things, they couldn't get it to go away, so they took a sledgehammer to the floor. Discovered that, instead of installing concrete flooring and a shower pan, the flipper had put layers of DRYWALL under the tile and didn't attempt to water-proof. So that drywall soaked up months of water drainage and you see the super POS cheap tiles that were put in by the owners that we bought from.

**Thanks to our sweet, sweet Bimmerpost app, no pictures will ever be in the correct order of upload, nor can you fix it

We start our kitchen this weekend!! Taking out some non-supporting columns to create a true island & raising the ceiling to match the rest of the living room, then new countertops and painting the existing cabinets.
Great job! I'll be doing my master bath in the next couple of years. Your end result looks amazing? Did you tile the ceiling in your shower? Just curious, some do, some do not. I've got a shower/tub combo that I want ripped out and and tile shower installed. My home was built in the 90's and was "remodeled" by the chick that I bought it from. I say "remodeled" because she obviously had no clue what she was doing and spent WAY too much time watching HGTV. Really dig that shower door!
ramman434712.00