View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #1402
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
OK, OK, I see what you're doing. This is super helpful. Thanks!

So whats the plan here for where you have your central support steel framed out on the left, your ducting framed out on the right, and your water, gas, and electrical conduit running up the middle between the two? Are you running sheetrock straight across that gap where the utilities run, and lowering your ceiling height? Or are you going to space the sheetrock down an inch or so below those pipes/conduit and have it follow the contour of the ceiling? This is where I keep getting stuck in my planning. How closely do i follow the contour of obstacles sticking down from the floor joists.
Curious myself on response. In my opinion, it would depend on the height of the lowest point of the ceiling. If it were low enough to provide adequate head space across the entire room, I would lower the ceiling making it uniform. I hate dead space though. Considering it's a basement, possible to finish (drywall) the gap while getting creative to create a space for storage that isn't an eyesore? But this would depend on what his desired end result is. Regardless, I follow what you're getting at and curious to see myself.
DETRoadster11456.00