Patrick303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F36 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Came home from golf two weekends ago to the wife's purchases rolling in. Asked her what we were getting ourselves into. She said "we are redoing the master bathroom today!", with the intention of completing everything in one day. I finally got her to put on the brakes and consider doing the aesthetic work properly rather than half assing everything based on pinterest DIYs. Luckily that went well and after two weekends our minor work is complete!
-New mirrors, light fixture, vanity fixtures, and all towel/TP racks.
-Repainted the entire room from blue to an off-white color (Chantilly Lace).
-Painting the vanity was a little more of a pain, and if I had a bigger budget I would've went a different route. They're coated in that MRF, and I know they say not to paint it or whatever but we did anyways. Sanded them down to get a decent finish followed by a prime coat and 2 top layers - finish turned out solid, but there are minor areas that will eventually need to be re-finished due to the MRF pealing. Wife just wanted to put a 1 coat on and I told her that was a terrible idea haha.
-Put wall paper up behind the vanity which was cake, also lined the back wall behind the toilet in the wall paper.
-The counter-top was really dull and everything would dry and stick to it. So I grabbed my orbital polisher, hit it with a cutting compound twice. Followed by a sealant - now it finally has a shear to it and everything drains much better. Was questioning my idea, but happy how it turned out.
-Then replaced the faucets and drains - no leaks yet knock on wood haha - first minor plumbing I've done.

All credit for design goes to the wife obviously - she wants to get into interior design and has had that idea for awhile now. Unfortunately we have always rented and never had the opportunity to do more "renovations". I told her that once we buy we can start tackling rooms and she can build a little portfolio - she is good with social media and editing so it was a big hit. Funny part is the contract to buy isn't even settled yet and we are already knocking out rooms haha. Total cost for all the work was right around $500, so aesthetically I think it was more than worth it. The floors/shower/bath will remain to be tackled another day once we have more to throw at it.

Anyways here are the before and after photos!
Looks great! I especially like the wallpaper. Is that the adhesive backed stuff you can buy at Target, Home Depot, etc? Or is that the traditional stuff? I want to do a few accent walls with wallpaper, but nervous of how it'll turn out doing it myself!