tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
BMWs don’t automatically engage the front cameras until the PDC detects an obstacle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz4yota View Post
Thats the problem. It doesnt even switch when im pulling forward towards an obstacle. The sensors go off but the camera is still stupidly showing me the rear end. makes parallel parking harder than it should be
Are you saying the cameras don’t come on when an obstacle is detected or that the cameras don’t come immediately? Not coming on when an obstacle is detected indicates there is a problem. The front cameras should activate when the PDC detects an obstacle. They do not come on immediately just because you put the car in drive. That’s not how they are designed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMnut View Post
I dont think it's correct. My car switches to rear / front instantly when I reverse parking or when reverse gear engaged (i.e backing out from parking space.

In other words, it does exactly what it should. And the (front) camera turn off when I drive forward 50m or something (or speed is over 50km from memory)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiz4yota View Post
How the hell?! This is what I want. how do I get it?
As best as I can tell from what he wrote he’s not actually addressing your issue. He doesn’t make any mention of the front cameras engaging automatically, only that his rear camera comes on immediately when he puts the car in reverse, which is how the system is designed.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!