03-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #66
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
This is "Your Profile." It's also what someone else's profile looks like if you were to open it up and look at it.

The distorted portion is my "real name." It's whatever name you have on file with Blizzard: your WoW account, etc. It won't be displayed when looking up someone else's name, but it will be displayed to anyone who you have listed as a "Real Friend." Real Friends can chat with eachother intergame: you can be playing Starcraft 2, they can be playing Warcraft 3, or WoW and you can chat. The downside is they get your "real name."
Note the id has a name.name now. I really don't understand why they did this: their reasoning was so that say the name John was really popular. Now you can be John, you just have to have another name after it. So there could be John.x, John.y, John.z, etc. Really, it just makes it a pain in the @$$ to add friends, since the .xxxx part isn't shown. You have to ask. You can also add by right clicking and then Add Friend, but it can only be done after a game by right clicking their name on the score tally screen.

This is my highest ranked league: 2vs2 Platinum Arranged Team. The losses can mostly be attributed to me, since I play Random most of the time (beta after all). Then we developed a strategy and haven't really lost since.

The Leagues are (in order) Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze. I've never dipped into Bronze, but from what I understand, Bronze is composed of people completely new to Starcraft. I've played against a Bronze Leaguer (when I was getting "placed"), and sure enough, he didn't even build any other SCV's.
Placement matches are your first 10 matches of any kind (1v1, 2v2, FFA, etc). They do count towards your record, but you aren't in a league, so you'll randomly be placed against Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum. This helps you get placed.
The leagues seem to work better than the AMM on Warcraft 3, and will probably result in less ladder abuse.

This is my "friends" rankings.

This is the 2vs2 Arranged Team Panel. Obviously, some of my friends haven't played 2vs2 Arranged yet, or aren't yet placed.

In all of the pictures, the bottom right shows how many friends you have online. If you click it, a pane pops up with their names. It also displays your real name, and you have the option of broadcasting it to all your "real friends."

Showing how much "rested" makes a difference. It's like WoW XP. If you're rested, you gain extra points on victory and lose less when you lose.

Note my ranking, total games played, and my win/loss record compared to other players in this bracket. "Rested" status changes for each type of game, so 2vs2 and 1vs1 are different. You can be, "rested" 1vs1, but not 2vs2 if you've been playing a lot of 2vs2.

The little icons next to people's names are the race they play as (mostly). The Sergeant Insignia design being Terran, the Sprial with the spines is Zerg, and the Flame-looking icon being Protoss. Dice is Random.

Last edited by Mega Man; 03-11-2010 at 01:29 PM..