View Single Post
      12-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #15
Ross61
Private
Rep

Drives: 2004 GTO (soon to be an M4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I see a couple of options, but I’m not familiar with Florida practices and I’m not an attorney.

1. Hire an attorney. Ask around for someone experienced in residential construction litigation. Hopefully someone the builders all know and don’t want to interact with much. If successful you will get a money judgement or the contractor will make repairs. You also might have trouble collecting the money judgement.

2. Start posting on social media and contractor evaluation sites. A brief description of the problem, the attempts you’ve made to get it corrected, time elapsed and contractor response/promises. Going at their reputation in this way is likely to be more productive. You can start by letting them know if not resolved by x-date, you will begin posting to alert other consumers.
With regards to #2 above and to ensure you don't get caught up in a defamation lawsuit which you may not have the finances to fund your defense, use A LOT of pictures and send out questions to everyone and maybe a few local (FL) and out out of state (AZ) new organizations asking if the issues in question are real or normal.

Do not make accusations, just point out the facts (not something from your perspective like "they never contacted me" when in fact they did try to contact you but you do not have proof as the method they tried was as simple as sending you a letter to some obscure address ). With the facts, include photos and ask others on the local social media sites (and perspective buyers) "for $XXX) dollars - is this acceptable? Would you buy a new house from them?" etc.

Just asking questions, not making accusations which cannot be backed up with a photo or three, can go a long way especially when the news gets hold of the complaints,
2000cs3507.00