View Single Post
      07-26-2023, 01:00 PM   #35
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

So question to those rural - wasn't joking when I said I do worry about snakes - if you have poisonous ones around you, do you keep anti venom at the house given help is a little ways away (by the sounds of it), or do you rely on being able to make it in time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I feel way more concerned about the two legged animals in our FL home than I do our NC home. I don't even go on Nextdoor anymore for our FL home. It's just crime, bitching and whining.

It makes sense to me. If you're a criminal would you rather go somewhere where you can have 100 victims all lined up in a nice row or somewhere where you have to walk 1/2 a mile to get to anyone and then hope they aren't just waiting for you to show up so they can introduce your to their friends Mr Smith and Mr Wesson.
You make a good point. I suppose the counterpoint is that if someone is willing to kill in order to steal whatever it is you have, just because they are a psychopath, I would think their preferred target is somewhere quiet and remote so less chance someone will hear / delayed police response.

I see benefits to both I guess. I do like more space though than not.