View Single Post
      08-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
Zephyr0s
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive

M340i M Performance exhaust

I personally felt the M340i stock exhaust sound was rather muted which didn't do the B58 justice. So I bite the bullet and ordered the M Performance exhaust (Part No: 18302464492). To my knowledge it is not available in Australia yet, also the packaging is rather bulky, so be prepared to fork out exorbitant shipping fees if you are considering one.

I have explored other aftermarket options, e.g. AWE and Dinan, however I wanted to retain the OEM look and the valve function. I'm also not a big fan of their exhaust tips either.

A big shout out to Adam and his team at Advan Performance, the installation was a breeze and we didn't encounter any fitment issues, the guys were true professionals. Installation was under 45 minutes, the original exhaust had to be cut for the new one to be mounted on.

It will probably take some time for the M Performance exhaust to break in. However, my first impressions:
  1. Cold start is significantly louder
  2. A more aggressive exhaust tone throughout the rev range (really shines in Sport+)
  3. The burbles are more pronounced, especially in low revs and when you let off the pedal
  4. I did not notice any drone, but I have been driving in Sport+ with the windows down all the way home

Unfortunately we didn't have enough time to install my catted downpipe from Active Autowerke. I'm hoping with the downpipe combo, the sound will be amplified slightly more. I honestly believe the M Performance exhaust should have came with the car, it provides a much more sportier tone while not being obnoxious. The beauty is if you ever need to dial it down a notch, simply switch to 'Comfort' mode and you wouldn't even notice it was there! Atleast you can avoid getting any complaints from the missus or neighbours

I will upload some sound clips/videos later.

I also have some other goodies on the way, i.e. full M Performance aero kit, AA catted downpipe and MST cold air intake. More to come!
Appreciate 2
themnmd1691.00
momall9.00