07-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #31
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I’ve owned my own places since I was in my early twenties, yes I had a bit of help from my parents early on but yes, gaining a good footing on real estate is a work-your-way-up kind of process unless your fuck ugly rich and can automatically afford a rich house. I started with a 2 bed condo with no yard at $86k, then to a townhome 3 bed at $135, then to a 3 bed house right outside raleigh, then to a nice 3 bed for $180. Timing was around 2-3 years at each but each property appreciated a certain amount. I never sold at a loss by any means, and honestly if your stupid enough to buy and then sell at a loss then you belong in an apartment full time anyhow. Real estate is an investment solely because you have the opportunity to make the value grow or decline based on how you take care of it and improve. You can’t expect just automatic massive equity profits in a home unless you say bought a home in an area right at the beginning of a planned urban setting that later became very popular and you sold later on for a great profit. My house somewhat had this in raleigh because of its location etc. but I wouldn’t move back there.

We’re moving to asheville currently where the cost of living is generally higher but we will have an apartment for the first time in almost 2 decades. Mainly because we want to be sure the move is good for us and also because we’d like to purchase land and build after versus buying another home
Hawkeye2069.50