Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
Maybe in US, I made that comment in my post earlier, as I have talked to my friends south of the border. They mentioned that it's pretty common going for a test drive by yourself.

It's extremely rare for this to happen in Canada, different (insurance) laws apply maybe, not sure. So far, I was given the keys to the car only once, and I did my share of car shopping.
When i bought my 2 series my SA drove it around the block to warm it up ( first time driven) and show me where all the buttons and controls were. Pulled back into the lot then gave me the keys and told me to bring it back when I was done and to watch the super sport tires because it was about 5 degrees out.

A few weeks later when i was looking at an Audi S4 they tossed me the keys as well with a photocopy of my license but told me to "keep it to 15 minutes".

When i drove a new mustang GT a couple weeks ago they went with me, though its not like they insisted. It was hilarious trying to watch the 260lb salesman squeeze into the back of a rag top mustang while me and my wife were in the front haha.

In short, it has nothing to do with Canada and everything to do with dealership preference.