Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchm3ifyoucann
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Salesmen work on commission. If they waste their time on someone dressed like a bum and who is 21 years old who clearly looks like he has zero chance of affording the car than they miss out on the opportunity to sell one when a person who actually can afford the car comes in. If you want to test drive an M4 then look like you belong there.
Who cares they work on commission? If they do their job, provide quality customer service, and understand / are knowledgable about the product they sell then they shouldn't have a problem selling a vehicle.

Age and how a customer is dressed should not be the indicators you use on whether or not you want to help the customer. I know plenty of people in their 20s to early 30s that could EASILY afford an M4, M3, S5, etc (they are all business owners).

I will not dress up to go to a dealership, not happening. I will go in with whatever attire I have on, and if they don't provide customer service, no problem they lost a sale. I have worked at a high end automotive dealership and trust me most people who are billionaires / millionaires don't go around everywhere in a suit.

I always tell my friends who work sales that "kid" in his 20s could be an entrepreneur whom could easily buy the car, or that gentleman who walks in looking like he's homeless could be making well over a 7+ digit income.
I usually go in sweats and flip flops. Had one sales manager actually tell me not everyone can afford a BMW. That I should look at a Ford instead. I told him to go fuck himself since I was already approved by BMW finance. I went to a different BMW dealership bought a BMW, drove it back to the first dealership to rub it in they lost my business as well as a few others.