View Single Post
      09-24-2022, 11:57 AM   #57
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Definitely and not only were they able to just lose weight but they were also able to redistribute a bit as desired to get to that pointy car that Max thrives in. I do not think that it as slowed Checo down per se - more that he has not been able to progress with that evolution like Max can. Also both Fer & Merc have gotten faster while Per has been fairly stagnant. A bit counterintuitive to remove some potential in one of their cars but I agree that is likely what will be needed to bring Checo back to being competitive for P2 more often that not again. Not sure RBR will want to do that or not as it will remove some valuable data that they use for the lead car. Maybe a year that doesn't require as much intensive development like a first year will allow them some time and budget room to explore this.
Max is on course to take the championship and RB the Constructors though this will mean reduced wind tunnel time next season compared with others, I believe a new weight reduced tub is built already and if not fitted this season will compensate partly for wind tunnel penalty in '23.
NYG10579.50