View Single Post
      09-22-2022, 07:45 PM   #159
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Here lies the big problem in general for humans and innovation to be fair. Sens ICE car became the norm they still haven't managed to make it 0 local emission. And now when the governments of the world start applying pressure then they said "Well we can innovate them to become more efficient"

Then my answer is imidietly then why didn't you do it before if you can suddenly now? Its not like suddenly that specific tech became available, to make them super efficient and 0 local emissions. .
Same reason the Hummer EV produces more carbon emissions per mile driven when charged with the average power grid mix (carbon/wind/solar) than a straight ICE Malibu: because people want to buy it, not because they want to be green.

The ICE can be more efficient, look at the Prius. It is on par with the average EV efficiency when measured as mile driven per pound of CO2 produced in a mixed power grid. People don't buy those Prius' is the problem.

Don't make what people want to buy? guess what... they won't buy it. Mandate it? Many still won't buy it.

Efficient ICE's suck to drive. Efficient EV's suck to drive. People don't want cars that suck. People don't want cars that are hard to "fill up" either. I suspect the powers in charge will mandate themselves into a corner and have to "punt".
Cos270608.50