View Single Post
      06-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #17
boogie1
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
I think this is really stupid. I doubt I'll be affected, but it's the principle of it all.

Also, for those thinking it's going to SIGNIFICANTLY affect resale, I wouldn't worry. People will still buy them. If you can't afford an oil change (and I've done mine more frequently than recommended) or brake job - you shouldn't be buying these cars anyway. Most people forget that you can't just "afford the car". You need to be able to afford to maintain it. My .02
Thought was reason to buy bmw, free maintence! I'm just worried that it leaves the only option as a trade in. That in a way gives them more freedom to low ball your trade more than they already do, because why?, your can't sell it for good money any other way. When you buy the car you prepay the maintence, so they in a way rob you of what you already paid for. I put my deposit in June car gets built in July I need to make sure I can sell transferable. Another reason to grab a launch car real quick, even a few k over sticker may be fully justified for this alone.