View Single Post
      08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #137
wiggyx
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2004 Neon SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I'm not anti American, in fact that is lots about America and American products that I really do like. But I don't think that they are that great when it comes to making sportscars.

Face it, most American when they can afford it don't think of buying American when it comes to cars, it's usually German, be it BMW, Mercedes, Porsche or Audi and if the car is a sportscar it's Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini. Very few millionaire have a Viper or Vette in their garage unless they also own one of the above European brands and they do it only to be patirotic which is something the rest of the world should be.

Disliking almost all American sportscars doesn't make make me a hater, I just don't understand why they make them the way they do, the suspension is generally overly firm, the shifter and clutch excessively heavy, same for the steering. It's almost as if they think if it's anything less than that it's a woman's car and too femine for REAL men to drive. Which brings us back to the finesse argument.
You make too many assumptions to even be worth arguing with. To make a statement that's as ludicrous as that you need to back it up with some sort empirical data, which you can't, because you just made it up based on your own opinions, not facts.