View Single Post
      07-12-2021, 10:42 AM   #24
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Neat looking, like the futuristic cars from the 1950's/1960's.

I really like the Mustang Mach E except for the TV screen. 300 miles range would most likely work for me in the winter. It supposedly handles very well and has great chassis dynamics, but I just don't need the big screen TV. What I don't understand, is while it's neat to have a big-ass map display on the dash, for 90% of anyone's use, they don't constantly need to have a map up on a screen because 90% of the time people are commuting and know where they are going. The 10% of the time, turn-by-turn directions are more useful than eyeballing a map. This comes from years of experience being a courier working my way through college in the 1980's, before the internet and cell phones.

Why can't the TV screen interface just be an option. Make an integrated connector/mount for it on the dash and for the folks who want the TV screen, they can buy one and plug it in. For the jokers like me, I never have to get the big TV screen, or at best leave it in the trunk in the case; well I really can't think of a case. LOL
You'd then have to have multiple connectors for different phones, multiple APIs, etc. It really doesn't make any sense.