United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radair View Post
Hi All,

Is the Combox replacement only relevant for US cars or also for european vehicles?

BR
Radair
Only for North America vehicles currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Opted for the $300 BMW gift certificate. I can always find something to buy from them. I'm still confused if the BMW Connected app will allow you to send the directions from the app to the car after 12/31? Can someone confirm or deny that?
No, you need to have an active BMW Assist subscription in order to use that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
So I filled out the on-line paperwork to have the combox replaced, how long does it take for BMW to contact you?
Depends on your local dealer and how busy they are after the information is submitted to them. I'd probably expect a week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angcd3 View Post
Does anyone know how long you have to make your choice? I looked but did not see a date that it had to be completed by.
You have until 12/31 *UNLESS* your subscription expires before 12/31. If your subscription expires before 12/31 you have to select your option before your expiration date. If your subscription expires and you haven't chosen the retrofit or the money, you lose the option to do either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I would say no. You need to have cellular connectivity and a current BMW Assist plan. Your selected option negates both. The 2G service which is what our current com boxes use is going to be turned off by the cell carrier. This is why BMW is terminating all service over the 2G system and not allowing renewals on cars with the old 2G system.
Correct. I thought there was an option to send directions to the vehicle via USB (connect the phone to the vehicle and transmit the address) but I didn't see that anymore in the BMW Connected App (or the BMW Connected Classic or BMW Remote apps either).
radair20.50