01-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
Looks like BMW got overly ambitous with the M5, starting @ $85k ending at $90k+ with some options. 2006 M5 with a few miles are into the $70k's already. What this tells me is 20% depreciation in the first year is the car was too high to start with.

Anyway, one of the awesome benefits of the E46 M3 was the high resale which provided a lower TCO.

I hope BMW prices the M3 appropriately for us "early adopters". I wont be too happy with 20% depreciation in the first year...

Great post. I totally agree. That is part of the reason I have begun looking at the M3 again. Great performance in high resale vehicle. You can not often find that in a European performance vehicle.

The M5 is priced too high and is suffering a high depreciation, in part, because of the pricing. 911s suffer the same fate as the M5 (similar resales). If the M3 is priced too high, it will likely depreciate at a high rate. If that is the case I will take the same hit and stay with the Porsche. I have said it before, but I really hope BMW does not f*** this one up!
Appreciate 0