View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 01:23 PM   #37
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I got rid of it all for an Axe FX II with a VHT 2/90/2. Absolutely loved that thing but to this day I've never heard a better sound than a VHT2150 + CAE 3+SE. The Bogner Fish was amazing but didn't really highlight the style of music I played so I underutilized it.

Then I went back to half stacks for convenience of traveling with the gear to drummer's pad. I still really want a Soldano SLO-100 but I have no justification to get one with how much I spend on cars and how little I play guitar.

Suhrs are incredible guitars.
Man the SLO is the holy grail for hard rock and metal (one of my favorite metal tones was KSE's End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies featured a LOT of boosted SLO). A lot of people don't realize but the OG Mesa Dual Rec was a carbon copy of the SLO preamp with a shittier power amp (hence the DR's notoriously loose bottom end) - it still is to an extent even with all its revisions. The OG 5150 circuit is a loose SLO copy as well, though the OG 5150 is its own brand of bad ass.

But I'll be the devil's advocate here : https://www.soldano.com/products/cla...lo-30-classic/

Ever since Mike sold Soldano to BAD, they have been a whole heck of a lot easier to get your hands on and it lead to the creation of the 30-watt SLO.