View Single Post
      09-13-2022, 12:16 AM   #25
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
My son seems to love the guitar alot - what age should I get him lessons? Totally lost on this topic. He's 4. His fav song by far is "Give Me The Beat Boys" by The Doobie Brothers.
You will get many answers to this question and there's no single correct answer. I will tell you my experience:

He's old enough when he can hold it in his lap and press down the strings. There are kid sized guitars. I wouldn't push it on him, but if he gravitates to it, I'd gently encourage it and see where it goes.

Another thing to consider is getting a small electric keyboard. They are inexpensive and a great way to begin to learn music. Learning scales are way easier on a piano than a guitar. I knew how to read music from playing piano and trumpet before I picked up a guitar.

What I did with my kids was to provide the things that helped them advance in what THEY were interested in doing, be it guitars, computers, sporting equipment. They both turned out great!

You have so much fun ahead of you raising a 4 year old. Best of luck to you. It's an amazing ride.