View Single Post
      04-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZ
This was posted by someone who has in the past been a reliable source of upcoming BMW plans:

The convertible and coupe will follow closely the overall ideas of the CS1 Concept - The idea was just too precious to toss away - Knowing how much the car appealed not only in it's Geneva debut but BMW also shipped it over to the USA for the 02 NY Autoshow where it also had exceptional appeal.

Whilst Europe are expecting a range of engines similar to the 1er the US markets will receive a 223i and a 235i. With the emphasis firmly on driver enjoyment for the baby coupe the benchmark is of course the 2002 and it's inheritor the E30.

But with driver enjoyment much the focus that BMW are evaluating the unorthodox choices : such as the lotus Elise for handling and precision. The Baby ///M car when it arrives will use an engine developed from the WTCC car only with six cylinders and close to over 300 BHP. The four cylinder model badged Si will be available in the 3dr 1er giving BMW a rival to the Golf GTi .
Good news! Did he give any kind of timeline? Thanks for posting

EDIT: NM, I saw it over at GCZ.
Appreciate 0