05-12-2023, 07:19 AM   #240
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
DTM also had this for some time but ditched that system

Of course F1 already has some sort of performance penalty system and that is that the last year top teams get less windtunnel and CFD modelling time than lesser teams.
For the rest it's up to the FIA to make a set of rules which are clear and to look upon that teams follow those rules in a way that they were intended.

To some extend a performance penalty system makes sense, but now with the budget caps everyone has more or less an equal chance.
At some point teams and drivers should be rewarded if they produce better results, if all chances are equal (and I think with the budget cap that goes a long way).
That is one of the base rules of sports. We want the best to win.
I mean I've never heard of a marathon athlete getting some lead in his/her shoes because he/she won the previous event
I agree - rules are put in place and teams wins on merit especially when they are all on equal footing as far as budget goes.
I do agree that there should also be rewards for winners at some point (aside from the monetary winnings) vs only trying to handicap them with wind tunnel/CFD.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 05-12-2023 at 08:46 AM..
GuidoK11012.00