View Single Post
      05-10-2023, 11:17 AM   #234
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
or the winners getting extra weight on board of their cars (weight disadvantage).
DTM also had this for some time but ditched that system

Of course F1 already has some sort of performance penalty system and that is that the last year top teams get less windtunnel and CFD modelling time than lesser teams.
For the rest it's up to the FIA to make a set of rules which are clear and to look upon that teams follow those rules in a way that they were intended.

To some extend a performance penalty system makes sense, but now with the budget caps everyone has more or less an equal chance.
At some point teams and drivers should be rewarded if they produce better results, if all chances are equal (and I think with the budget cap that goes a long way).
That is one of the base rules of sports. We want the best to win.
I mean I've never heard of a marathon athlete getting some lead in his/her shoes because he/she won the previous event
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
M5Rick61222.50
NYG10873.00
Artemis29681.50