shmad
Private
Rep

Drives: 08 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 m3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Okay - so all this reading has me pondering.

Wife and I both love coffee, but are not insane about it. Currently we use a cheap Mr. Coffee and bags of pre-grind Starbucks Pikes Place. This has worked well and the coffee is good. Not great, but good.

In my old office, we had a Nespresso Venturoline. My God, that coffee was amazing. But expensive!

So bear in mind that my wife and I are both CPA's and rather careful with out money, but will spend if it makes sense.

Price per cup of the starbucks coffee in our Mr Coffee is about $0.24 per cup. Nespresso works out to $1.10 per cup. Doesn't sound like a lot, but that comes out to about $60.00 per month additional. FV of that over 20 years invested conservatively comes out to about $58,000.

So - how much better is it? Are these fancy coffee's worth 4 or 5 times more than basic Starbucks?

Honestly - what is the opinion, cause we do enjoy our coffee, and might make the jump if it really is that much better.
so using your own grounds is always cheaper. in my Keurig I had a refillable pod that i put my own coffee in. I found this on Amazon for the Nespresso
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZWHAKK..._QE0EBbW306TFB
I would pay for their espresso pods bc I drink expresso infrequently but coffee daily.
also the Nespresso machines are on sale now so I might do that for the time being. when I have space I'll go for the bigger better machines