02-17-2022, 06:09 PM   #5368
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
Can you educate me on the ramifications of using the tazer in a situation you feel threatened in ? I know that not using it could be worse.

I'm in NY so it may vary.

Also carrying one concealed is that an issue as it is a weapon is a permit required ? Can you buy dummy rounds to practice. Not sure how far they shook and what the drop per foot would be on this. Ideally I'd like not to be to close to use it.

I'd also be concerned that an officer may see this and think it's a handgun and start a situation.

Sorry for the rapid fire questions.

I was recently denied a permit CCW as not a needed circumstance. My place was broken into while I was there and I was behind a locked door as a druggie with a knife was pounding I just want cash. Called police and he fled before police arrived. I had camera footage but they did not catch him. Really not sure how hard they tied bc I had footage from a neighbor that they never came to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That is the one.
Articulation is everything. There's no permit required to own the taser and if you needed to use it, just be able to articulate why you used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
This rise in crime is nuts. I have also been thinking about personal safety. I got used to having an armed SO by my side. Although we split a while ago, I now think about it. Car jackings are out of control and I imagine an old lady in a high performance vehicle is a perfect target. I am very aware of my surroundings and am vigilant but what if? I should look into the legality of tasers here. In the mean time, any issues keeping pepper, bear, or wasp spray in my center console due to temps if it gets too hot?
Keep your car doors locked. You'd be surprised how many people drive around with unlocked doors. Secondly, keep bear spray and a knife with you.