Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
no presets, just simple settings, i like going through my pictures 1 by 1 unless i know there's a grouping like if i do a photoshoot with friends, then i can do a mass edit, then small tweaks, but i start from 0 on everything.

Light room shows you the finished picture, but i'm assuming that somewhere in my transformation from RAW to JPEG somethings going a bit wrong, and i'm losing brightness or exposure, or something. Maybe i've got my quality set too low, and this is the result.
I set my jpeg quality at 100%. Why wouldn't you???

I think that you should try to find a preset that suits you. The whole point of LR, to me, is to establish your "look" and show your images like you'd like them to look. I like contrast and detail. Many people like an S-curve in their RGB or a pull-down in the middle of the RGB. If your jpegs look like they came out of the camera, what's the point?

Those setting in the camera, like "Scenic", "Portrait", etc. are applying RGB and Contrast adjustments to the in-camera jpeg. You should figure out what you like and use it. Yes, you'll still need to look image by image and tweak, but you'll start from a baseline that you like.

Dave