06-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #29
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Our Alabama-built Benz came with a door handle that didn't work from the first day I drove it home. Shortly into the ownership the window washer fluid tube and rear parking sensors were replaced as the dealer said they were not installed properly.
that's because things are only improperly installed in the U.S. , South Africa, and Mexico. An improper install is impossible in Germany... ?

your story makes as little sense as the advice you were given by the dealer.

How did the handle get installed improperly, make it past QC. Be specific, Which door handle? interior or outer?

If the part was replaced.. how was it installed so improperly that it stayed in place... didn't fall off... and didn't attract ANY attention until the day you got the item? I could believe parts being not installed correctly and needing to be RE-INSTALLED.. but if the part needed to be REPLACED.. then the part was either bad to begin with (and install had nothing to do with it) or the person installing the item somehow also BROKE it in a fashion that was not noticed by anyone until you got to the car.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-06-2019 at 06:51 PM..