04-24-2016, 02:52 PM   #372
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I've been a die-hard fan since 1984. I really think I mean it when I say I am done watching the Caps after this year. They just can't get it done. ever. EVER. After watching games 4 and 5 I am 100% convinced they will not win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.

I mean, even if they do get past the Flyers, do you really think the team we watched play last night can beat the Penguins? Seriously? Zippy, ZIPPY chance.
Last night was a microcosm of the Capitals entire existence; achieve everything there is to achieve except for the one thing that matters most.
They don't call them the cardiac Caps for nothing.

I'm done. I just made dinner reservations for Sunday evening at a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. I'm sure there will be a withdrawal period, but I'll find something else to occupy my time with.

Bye Caps. I mean it this time. No, really.
While I'm glad we weren't choke artists in the first round and came out with the win I'm fucking terrified about the reality of playing the Pens in round 2. They are playing fucking lights out hockey and they had our number late in the regular season.

It's going to be a rough fucking series. With that I'll add this one thing. Sydney Crosby is the kind of guy who reads Goosebumps with the lights on.

EDIT: Also, since it's easy to jump on the "Philly fans are assholes" circle jerk (I'm guilty of it too), props to them standing by their team in Game 6. Even after the third period was over you could hear them applauding and chanting "LET'S GO FLYERS". Good on them, they put up a hell of a fight (unexpectedly), but still....fuck the Flyers.

Last edited by fecurtis; 04-24-2016 at 05:40 PM..