04-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #14
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
I liked this watch as well until I saw it in person - it's size turned me off but I have smaller wrists/hands. It's a very tall body'd watch along with a very large face, though exceptionally nice. I also didn't like that the second hand movement was relegated to a smaller dial, which doesn't show off the movement as much as I prefer.
I haven't seen it in person myself but I spent a bunch of time looking at other Carrera's that are of similar size (43mm). I too have a small wrist but I actually liked how that size looked on my arm. I struggled with the second hand movement too but the more I watched it (no pun intended ) on the watch I was actually able to see in person, the more I thought it made the watch feel a little different and unique.

In the end, I decided I liked it a lot and it is a good way for me to start off in the world of nicer watches... it should be here in a couple of days

I'm also thinking about getting a more casual version of a Tag like the black one in my first post in the thread. This one for the work week and one for the weekend. Maybe next year... I'm still shocked I spent more than $400 on a watch and feeling a bit guilty/frivoulous
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3