View Single Post
      10-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

18" winter wheel options/pricing - let's list them here

Hi all,

I'm starting this thread to specifically call out and gather centrally one thread of information on confirmed 18" wheel options for the F80/F82 that are appropriate for winter use.

And, whenever possible, pricing information.

Here's what I've gathered so far:

Original 18" wheels - Style 513m - Unconfirmed price of $600/wheel from BMW - Staggered wheel setup can run 255 wide square tires but cannot be rotated from to back

BMW-recommended winter setup - Style 640m - Confirmed price of $2700 shipped (or less with local pick-up) WITH continental performance winter tires mounted and balanced - runs a square setup of 255/40/18. Is this setup able to be rotated since the wheel sizes/offsets differ F/R?

Tirerack-sourced Rial P10 - Unconfirmed price of $200/wheel - Not listed on tirerack's website but confirmed verbally over the phone they can offer this. Details still lacking, such as whether it's hub-centric or requires a hub-centering ring.

I want to edit this thread with more information as it becomes available/comes in. I have ~4 weeks left to secure wheels/tires for the M3 winter. There's a few things I'm battling with and will also try to post here:

1. OEM quality vs. price when it comes to bend-resistance
2. Bend-resistance of lower price wheels (such as Rial, to which I've had good experiences)
3. Finding an 18" set that is not only able to run a square setup, but also confirmed able to be rotated.

Thanks for any contribution to this.