CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I'm in a similar situation, we live on a small property in town with a fully fenced yard right now. We just made an offer on a 1.5 Acre waterfront property with no fence on it. We have a 4 month old Jack Russell who is already showing strong prey drive, I was thinking the invisible fence as an option for cost and ascetic reasons. He's smart so will train easily but I'm concerned that he will defeat it chasing the local tree rats. Thoughts?
He shouldn't be able to defeat it if he stops at the line and the squirrel keeps running, which he will if he gets shocked.

My wireless fence has 6 different levels of alerts, ranging from alert level 1 which is just the beep to level 6 which is a strong shock probably meant for larger energetic dogs. My golden retriever has been shocked once on level 2, and just the beep is enough to send him in the other direction. My border collie is much older, and doesn't even need the fence now because he doesn't move much, but in his younger years he would need a stronger shock because of his thicker fur, his energy, and his curiosity to test the limits of the fence. It really varies by dog.
Murf99314114.00