View Single Post
      02-02-2023, 02:13 PM   #7400
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

I'm currently listening to the Joe Rogan Podcast episode with Mike Glover. For those who don't know who Mike Glover is, he is a 20 year veteran who served as a Special Forces Sniper with multiple combat tours. Mike talks about preparing oneself for emergency situations, disasters, dangerous situations, etc.

The topic about how people respond to high stress, traumatic, life or death situation was discussed and mass shootings was used as an example. People like to ask the question "why doesn't anyone try to stop the shooter?". He explains that in those situations most people are not train or conditioned to keep a clear mindset, instead the brain puts us into survival mode, and the majority of people lose control to natural instinct and hide, some black out, and some will just literally collapse and "play dead". He goes on to tell stories of highly trained guys who literally shut down in combat and can't even recollect what happened.

How often do you see this as police officers, with both other officers and with civilians? I've seen it with the military more than I'd like to admit.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread