View Single Post
      01-30-2020, 02:06 AM   #10
inguyendo
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
That could be right, some 12V cigarette lighter sockets don't disconnect immediately or at all with the ignition state.

Sometimes 2 sockets in the same car can behave differently - one going off with ignition, another not. Anything left drawing current however small can eventually cause errors due to the battery running low, if the car has a semi-sophisticated energy management system it can even turn off none essential electrical systems so it can still start.

The AC fan runs on an electric motor as it can be turned on remotely even when the car is locked to ventilate the car and continues to work even when the start/stop cuts out the engine...the ac compressor I am not sure of, that's likely off the engine.

I trickle charge my battery once a month to keep it healthy and ready for action, might be worth grabbing a charger if you haven't got one. Battery is $2000+ so it's worth keeping it alive as long as possible!
Thanks for your input, was considering a trickle charger.

The bloke from BMW recommended this one, which is what they use. https://www.repco.com.au/en/globes-b...-xs/p/A9809705

Can't seem to find it in stock in Adelaide/Melbourne.

What do you use?
Appreciate 0