Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
For a work PC I'm actually surprised he was able to run some of the warez he has. We are locked out of everything, especially installing without admin approval. If it's a larger company seemed like a no-brainer.
Same here, locked out of installing most web browsers on my work computer.

My suggestion was going to be to get a mac... the specs still run pretty fast on the iOS system (my 2011 Air has much worse and still runs ok - Those are similar specs to my newer MBP)

Sucks that this is with a work computer. Fighting IT to get replacements or upgrades is way harder than it should be... as they should be computer people and realize how much more productive you can be with a good machine.

Thankfully my company recognizes this and just upgraded (most of) the company to new Lenovo Carbon X1 and Dual/Triple 24" Monitors. i7-6600 and 16GB of ram. Much more similar weight/speed compared to apple that I contemplated actually buying a Carbon for my personal computer instead of the new MBP I got.

Having said all that... I have no suggestions for you aside from bribing your IT/Facilities for a newer machine.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
King Rudi13154.00