View Single Post
      12-20-2021, 12:17 AM   #2989
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Anyone have tips on how to get someone consistent with their reps, count, and breathing? The guy I work out with and have been trying to "teach", while he is still learning, really struggles with consistency. He is a pretty small dude, he has been working out for a while but has never progressed because, like so many others, didn't understand anything about muscle groups, never pushed himself, so he wasn't meeting any goals. So I came in, we started a basic bulking routine, and he has been progressing, but slowly and I think that's because he can't find consistency. He either tries focusing on breathing and his form goes to shit, next set focuses on form and ends up holding his breath. He loses count, pauses between reps to regain his focus and reset his form... I've been trying to get him into that "muscle memory" on form and breathing but he really struggles with multiple things at once.

Like I stated he is still learning, but we have been steadily working this same type of routine since October with small changes in exercises to not plateau, but I have to keep reminding him to breathe, I have to keep count for him, tell him to slow down or speed up, remind him about proper form, etc. It's frustrating.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread