View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 08:54 AM   #248
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
I don't think the on track emissions was the selling point of the turbo-hybrids. It was that the HUGE engine R&D costs would also be useful to the engine manufacturers for street cars as well. Tons of small engine turbos and hybrid cars out there. Not many V10s or V12s
That's what Formula E is for. I'm no engineer but I can't see much overly complicated F1 engine technology tricking down into road cars. Plenty of manufactures are getting into the turbo-hybrid game without the benefit of F1 technology. BMW for one since this is a BMW forum.

Point is F1 is for fun, competition and enjoyment! This new power unit isn't even called an engine anymore. Plus, fuel saving shouldn't be in the equation unless it's a team call. Drivers should be able to to put in qualifying laps each and every lap without fuel worries if given the talent to do so. 20 cars burning a few extra liters of fuel shouldn't concern anyone. And tires? I can see some limitations but drivers shouldn't have to worry about running out of those either...IMHO

Last edited by Killed by Death; 09-29-2021 at 10:35 AM..
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58876.50
Bongoxxx804.00