Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Most guys have no idea how to do a correct dumbbell row.. Vast majority of guys doing a heavy dumbbell row are actually doing a pull or a jerk, where majority of the tension is applied to the bicep. The correct way is to initiate and move the weight with your LAT. You are basically bent over and trying to pull your lat up towards the ceiling, thereby moving the weight. Then the arm pulls in to fully contract the lat. Most people just grab heavy weight and just pull on that shit, which accomplishes nothing, except for bit of a bicep pump.
I see this a lot; the lat itself won't actually work if the weight is too heavy.
I surf a huge amount and swim a lot; does wonders for those wings as do the correct rows and pull ups.

A quick story on supplements; I was a hard gainer; took supplements, creatinr, all sorts (all legal, nothing too severe); zero results. Just got more toned.
Then I discovered the joys of proper MMF training; my appetite naturally shot up, my gains were very rapid both in size and strength.
My budget was low as I was a student so I just stuffed myself with fairly cheap but good food. I gained three stone in 18 months and my max lifts shot up.

So when I see guys guzzling shakes during a workout, guys who aren't in good shape, I can't help but smile.

Eat well but don't obsess; it's almost all about the workouts. Your appetite will follow.