View Single Post
      06-30-2022, 12:17 PM   #3
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

do you think retired race car drivers have above average CTE like damage due to hard crashes ?

so last week I was taking a long road trip on the bike and didn't want to listen to music or audio books. so I thought I'd try memorizing an Edgar Allen Poe poem starting the night before and add lines while I was on the ride. I had such a hard time memorizing the lines I'm worried. It's taken me 8 or 9 days to memorize eight lines to where I can repeat it exactly and now I can repeat the 8 lines backwards. But adding more lines is not easy.

So I'm thinking a 91 year old brain can easily be confused. I mean, is it relevant to interviews a 91 year-old and posts the transcripts.

And with the Piquet interview. Nearly 70 year old guy, probably had concussion issues and is it really necessary to post the transcripts ?

However. Sir Hamilton had eloquently retold the events of his childhood at the karting track where he was the recipient of racism. At first due to his almost backstabbing attack on Rosberg - which it seems Rosberg's family embraced and befriended Hamilton at a very young age - I wasn't 100% Hamilton was believable. But I think it was foolish to doubt Hamilton because his recollections seem so likely.

My point is Hamilton has been a very good ombudsman on racial equality. The quotes from older and elderly members of the sport are just sad and not really relevant.