01-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #28
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
So, I have been trying to read about this new machine. I guess I am just abit disappointed.

Bottom line...I have been waiting for a new MBP that would be the equivalent of a modern version of the 12"Powerbook. I am ready to replace my heavy, old Dell..but I do not want the macbook (looks like a toy) and I was hoping to gain some portability (reason I have not purchased 15"/17" MBP.)

But instead of releasing a new MBP......I got a new--3rd machine. Its very thin, and looks freaking nice. BUT....its no MBP update. Although it will likely have a great response in sales...I am not sure its what I have been waiting for in regards to putting my Dell into retirement.

If I was looking for a 2nd machine....I would really think about getting the MacBook Air. But I still need a new primary machine.....so I think I just might have to wait abit more and see how things pan out with early adopters.

I will definitely check them out when to come to the stores and see this beauty in person, but I have a feeling that I will have to take a pass at the end of the day.