09-20-2022, 11:12 AM   #16
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
If we could all quit the things we know inherently are bad for us we'd be better for it, but when life is about pleasure and those things bring us pleasure, it starts to beg he question. Basically no one wants to live unhappily forever.

I'm twistedly lucky that my family has lots of addiction history, so I never touched the stuff. I do enjoy a bit of soda here and there, but that's where it ends. I'm 52 today, and no one on earth would guess me over 40.
Ya, I get some 'pleasure' drinking my espresso, it's part of my morning routine, but I don't think I'm losing much switching to decaf so it's no big sacrifice to me.

Glad you overcame your family stuff, must've been hard.

It's funny what ppl one meets online, I think we have quite a few similarities the more I find out, e.g. taste in cars, guitars, similar wt and age and I guess also personal upkeep, cuz just the other day someone said HELL NO insisting that I'm at most 30. 😲
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?