09-20-2022, 09:44 AM   #14
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
2 days a week would be a good rule, but if you're going to have a headache the other 5 then that won't work at all. An espresso a day might not seem like much, but that's 30 a month, and 365 of them a year, so taken in that context it's a lot. I suppose it depends on how your body can handle it, how much you weigh, etc. I'm 142 lbs, so it'd affect me more than someone that was 230 lbs.

The main benefit to caffeine is cognitive, and if you can do without that part, then you can do without it entirely. Many people though, even after having quit caffeine for 2 months still can't think in the morning. I'm damn glad I'm not one of those.

I personally never started the coffee thing because I chose soda, and it was one or the other. I don't drink a lot of soda, but I damn sure wasn't going to be under the influence of both of them, and alcohol, and nicotine, etc. You're a slave at that point.
Tx, I don't think it gave me any extra cognitive 'powers'...and maybe my waking up faster was psychological. In any event, I hate being 'hooked' and can't stand the withdrawal symptoms so I'm gonna wean myself now, it's getting ridiculous, I just missed one day and maybe it was a combo of me not eating enough before going out to run errands but still, felt pretty awful.

I quit soda a long time ago, to me, I thought it was gross, basically just sugar water, so I'm glad I don't have that habit tacked on.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
///MPhatic13540.00